Our county members have several resources available to support those who desire to quit using tobacco.
Quit Line is free of charge to CEBCO members over the age of 18. Members wishing to take advantage of the services listed below should call 1-800-QUIT-NOW. Members should state that CEBCO is their health plan when calling. Quit Line shows a quit rate of over 40% for those who enroll in coaching and use NRT provided with the program
- Five (5) sessions of one-on-one personalized coaching, along with educational materials
- Eight (8) weeks of NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy)
- Patches – Two (2) 28-day supplies
- Gum – Two (2) shipments (100 count); or Lozenges – Two (2) boxes (72 count)
Members wishing to try the medications listed below should make an appointment with their doctor, as these medications require a prescription in order to obtain.
These medications have a $0 co-pay for two (2) 90 day prescriptions:
- Nicotine Inhaler
- Nicotine Nasal Spray
- Bupropion (known as Zyban)
- Varenicline (known as Chantix)
These medications have a co-pay:
- Nortriptyline (known as Aventyl)
- Clonidine (known as Catapres)
Plan My Quit
CEBCO Tobacco Cessation Resources
Many of our current member counties have smoke-free campuses. If you are thinking about becoming a smoke-free campus CEBCO would love to support you in any way. Please reach out to Hannah McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.