Fit Tip of the Month: Incorporate movement into your workday
- Try to get up and move at least once an hour.
- Schedule walking or standing meetings.
- Encourage your coworkers to join you in a group stretch before your meeting or shift.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk to the breakroom or restroom that’s furthest away.
- Visit a coworker in person instead of using email, instant messenger or phone.
- Park at the back of a parking lot or get off the bus a stop early.
- Stay active while you travel and explore on foot or take advantage of hotel workout facilities and pools.